Current Research Topics
I am currently working on projects examining:
- the move towards productive welfare in high income countries (with Stefan Kühner)
- the impact of culture on welfare states (with Nam Jo – this work is funded by the ESRC)
- the potential for using fuzzy sets in comparative social policy analysis (including a piece of work funded by the OECD in which myself and Stefan Kühner are exploring the interactions between the ‘how’ and the ‘how much’ of social spending in shaping social outcomes).
- social policy in global cities (this is part of a broad WUN collaboration featuring partners from multiple universities around the world)
- the path dependency of social policy